Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Widgets

Widgets

The Rise of M-Commerce

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I really appreciate your interest and hope some of you will suggest a few things!
Since I started using Twitter (@Nessinuet) about a week ago I have discovered a new world, full of information and to be honest; too much to keep up with. It is turning out to be unexpected well of information!
After the Twitter week my focus is pretty much narrowing on the basics!

The first question I ask myself is the following:
What type of (niche) product will my business be offering? After I have determined that, the procurement side will have to developed, after that the below chart will serve as Blue Print



The rest of the blog, just warn you will be more of a statistical nature! Keep reading it won't be boring :)

TIME FOR SOME SOCIO-ECONOMICAL DATA!!!


It is estimated that by 2015 E-commerce will reach $1,5T in revenue globally (as graph below)


The business expected growth for the US alone is 8,5%


A good example of the increase in ecommerce businesses is the impact it has on the conventional Retail Sales (as in below graph) Interesting statistic is that Scandinavia saw an increase of conventional Retail sales whilst traditionally Scandinavia is a pioneer in the field!




MCOMMERCE: THE INEVITABLE WAY TO GO


MCommerce also know as Mobile Commerce basically means making your business & advertising available to potential customers. Below stats show an interesting graphs to support my own view that mobile technologies(not only for ecommerce) are the future





The entry of the IPhone & Smartphone lead to a surge in "Mobile Internet Use" with an increasing volume of consumers expecting business to tailor to their demands as the graph on the left demonstrates.









Browsing via Mobile Devices has increased significantly on a monthly basis, online retailers have benefited from this new technology. Times are changing though with Customer Experience and Social Media signalling a need for most businesses to embrace "Social Business" and value "Social Authority" I urge you to read both Dion Hinchcliffe and Matt Peter's articles. 





Another interesting M-Market fact that surprised me is that MCommerce is pretty much embedded in Asia since the change of the century, whilst in the US it has not yet kicked off. Especially South-Korea and Japan are the pioneering "MMarkets"




The volume of payments via Mobile
Services indicate the rest of the world is slowly embracing it and will become
more developed "MMarkets"









After having been on Twitter for one week I have become convinced that e-commerce is developing more into MCommerce operating within Social Commerce. Trend, Momentum, Social Appeal, Tailored Customer Experience will be the future.

That means for me that after I have found my little Niche Product I will have to offer more then a platform (website/store) to (potential) customers with product alone. I will have to offer an experience including a solid social footprint.

But the biggest lesson of the week I found in a blog written by Billy Murphy called "Entrepreneurial Diworsification". A straight to the point blog with some great advice. Please take some time to read it!

That is it for this week. My frequency of blogging might be somewhat irregular (weekly or bi-weekly) but don't let that discourage you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment