Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Widgets

Widgets

5 Criteria to Determine Which Free Website Template To Use.

MCommerce Explorer Blog
When I started this blog in January 2013 I really was and probably I am still a newby to E-Commerce and the Mobile Device & Platforms, having said so, a few months down the line and having digested about 6000 online blogs and articles and in addition publishing this little blog I think I can say that I get the basics. 
One of the first things I did two months ago was buy a domain name and use the offered template based website builder... That turned out to be a little bit of a drama as the templates were not meeting my needs, nor were they in anyway user friendly. Frustrated I contacted Customer Services, who oddly enough admitted the PageBuilder was indeed pretty useless and suggested alternatives (basically competitors) so I started trying various different online templates with different providers.  Some worked, some didn't, some partly. All-in-All I had the feeling I was running around like a headless chicken!
My best advice is not to do what I did: buy a domain and just take it as it comes, but to ask yourself 5 basic questions and really think what you want to do and achieve! That is all the advice I can give you. I just realised I sound just like my Grand Dad...

The below video (courtesy of Volusion) will walk you through those 5 steps!  Enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment