Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Widgets

Widgets

Activating an account to Sell online.. it took more than I'd expected

In my previous blog I vented my frustration regarding Ebay.com's activation of a sellers account.
Well I have to be honest 24hrs can, and in this case, makes a difference.

I contacted the CS of Ebay.com via the chat window and within 4 minutes the issues was solved.
The Customer Service rep simply transferred my profile from the US (.com) to the country I reside (.x)
My listing etc was swiftly executed after that.
The problem itself; listing as a non US based resident on Ebay.com will probably cause a few new subscribers a bit of good old fashion tantrums, all in the game I suppose. Still better to register on the local domains of ebay (co.uk/.de etc) to avoid all that

Something that surprised me but made sense is that before you activate your account a cross boarder agreement (relating to Tax/Excise and Customs Duty) will be presented to confirm and agree too, if you decline I have no clue what happens!

A couple of things you should be spending a bit of time on when selling or buying at sites like Ebay.com:
- Go over the commission Ebay charges you for selling
- Shipping conditions and other charges might and in most cases will impact significantly
- Ebay.com will present you with the accepted payment conditions and which services you prepared to  accept. Be secure in how you handle your cashflow! Protect your data and identity, Paypal is the most widely accepted.

If you purchase from outside the EU, be sure you check your local Customs Website whether or not excise or import charges will be levered by Local Customs. The same goes for a sold good; for instance in California a Sales Tax is being levied which you should make clear to your buyer that he/she is responsible for that one.
I also checked the option of becoming a Sole Trader with local Tax Services, more as a future option then something permanent.

Next time hopefully a less boring and less logical post


No comments:

Post a Comment