Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Widgets

Widgets

Introduction

Just in case you stumble on this blog and you think I am the new Internet guru; Let me manage your expectations: I am not an Internet Guru with all the answers. The opposite!
After having worked for Forbes 500 companies for more then a decade in various management and consultancy roles in Credit (Finance) and Offer-to-Cash for manufacturing and oil companies I received an offer from a world famous or notorious bank ("The Bank" as they call themselves) to become a Associate Director. After two weeks into the job a strategic change within the organizations' management model was executed not much later I found myself without a job, 3 months salary in my bank account.
For the first time in my life it dawned to me that I had achieved all goals I set in early 2000 when, being a high school drop out, I emigrated to Ireland to get a chance to work in office environment (about $15K gross a year) whilst 13 yrs later I was managing a business over 200 people and earning over $100K a year excluding bonuses in Eastern Europe. Achievement had made me lazy, spoiled and started to impact on my private life.
After being put on "Garden Leave" the first 3 to 4 weeks I was angry, feeling sorry for myself and deeply worried about the fact that by Feb. 2013 we are welcoming our first child, with money running till April 2013 it is by far the most ideal scenario.
On the other hand I have a lot of spare time on my hands and decided to take up an old hobby: Manga Drawing. Only problem was that the specific pens and pencils are for sale at ridiculously high prices in local stores. I decided to register with a local auction website and try my luck. Much to my surprise it did save me 35% on the pens alone, specific paper and books saved me even more.
The world had opened and I am seeing potential, enthusiastic as I am I went searching and comparing prices etc etc.

It has triggered something in! I feel alive, enthusiastic, eager and above all I can control my own direction

Next Blog will follow soon 

No comments:

Post a Comment