Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Widgets

Widgets

First Leassons Learned! Part I

I have been of the blogger for a short time, not because I was fed up with it all, nope, just because the research I was involved in took a lot of time. Searching and browsing takes more time than reading a book I found out but I did progress in trying to understand what E-commerce is all about.

As I blogged before I listed my first item on ebay.com  an occasion to celebrate? No don't be silly, millions do it everyday! It had it listed for a term of 7 days and chose to spend some advertising money on it (about $2). After days of carefully monitoring my object I only acquired 9 views and nobody even took the bother of "watching" it (option in ebay). What a disappointment! Then again a reality check is never a bad thing.
I asked myself a few questions:
- Is my product to expensive?
- Is my product visible enough?
- Is my product to expensive?
- Are my shipping terms a problem?
- Is my product attractive enough for anybody?

Well all the above caused me to start searching Google like an idiot for people or companies with similar problems. After some frustrating searches and some surprising results I learned there is such a profession as profit engineer. Very interesting but not what I was looking for. My jackpot came when I stumbled upon E-commerce Fuel. This was exactly what I was hoping to find! I suddenly realized that Andrew Youderian has basically written a blog about his life and route to building a successful e-commerce business. He even went as far to publish an e-book you can download for free. A bit sceptical I downloaded it and it took me by surprise. A nicely written and summarized guide. A lot of stuff in there that I never even heard was brought to my attention. Ever hear of the following:
- Measuring Online Demand
SEO
- Match Types
- Page Ranking

This is just a quick summary of all the things that Andrew Youderian has been so kind to share, but it has been educational and really opens up a window of opportunity once I fully understand the working and linkage of it all.

Anyways back to my attempts "to make money out of the internet by the bootstraps"! Well what have a learned when I project it to my one product online: It is was to highly priced, the product has no name reputation and it will never have, it was not visible enough. So I relisted it again against a lower price, more visible but it still doesn't change the fact that it is simply not popular enough. So Andrew is right; find a niche with a product that sells to a target audience

That is where i am going to spend some time on now!

Update you soon!

Any questions or remarks let me know!

Keep on reading subscribe to me!


2 comments:

  1. Great post, thanks ! All these tips are the most promising and profitable ways to increase the conversion rate of a website. I do recommend your post to everyone who is searching for quick and easy way to increase the conversion rate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you every much! As it turns out the results came almost 4 months later! I have now got my own domain and blog www.insidedevices.org focused on IoT, commerce, security, mobile devices and many other topics. Give it a try a let me know what your view is?

      Delete