Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Widgets

Widgets

First Lessons Learned Part II

Hoping you enjoyed my blog yesterday as it was one of an informative nature. Last night I continued to fiddle and play with some of the new "Gadgets" (SEO/Ad Sense/Key Word etc) and dammit it becomes interesting ! Ha! Did you know in 2012 the most popular Search Term in Poland (by men) was for "Hair Grow Products"?  Did you? Be honesty you didn't know that! Neither did I.

The next step is to find out what websites are available in that area for your selected region and before you know it you start to be better informed. Additionally Google PageRank Checker is a pretty convenient tool to discover the strength of a website, in terms of traffic etc (honestly I don't know what to add now as I am sometimes still confused.) the lower the ranking is (9 being highest and 0 being lowest) the more chance there is that you stumbled on a niche, or a product that really reaches a small audience. That is something I'll need to balance; my enthusiasm and the story the data tells.

Anyways as usual I get my hands on something and in general there always seems to be a catch 22 or something that frustrates me. In general they all have one thing in common; THEY CENTER AROUND REGISTRATION! After having to contact the customer services of Ebay.com, Paypal, Allegro, PayU regarding activation of my accounts or addenda I requested it all got sorted quickly and without causing me to explode, which is credit to them. Last night I got so happy about this blog I decided to buy a domain name for my blog at a minor cost of $10,00 for 1 year. Sounds good? Bet ye arse it does! I only had to activate my Google Wallet; after signing in with my mail account only had to add my Credit Card details, browsed through the menu - GOD Google provides on occasion a proper customer experience- selected my domain name (.com) and proceeded through the check out. What da Fook!??? Is see my details appear for about 1 sec, followed by a white screen.. After refreshing the browser (Chrome) and re-entering the entire cycle over I became disillusioned and wrote an email to Google's CS. I am still waiting for a response. Not what I expected by I am learning every day! It is probably not the best commercial for Google, but Paypallseems to have a smoother running show, having said so Google seems to put its money on the future; mobile wallets, a good business choice. In the main time I am still without my domain name

Additionally I noticed that the internet has created some professions with rather sexy job titles:
- Profit Engineer 
- Social Media Mercenary
- Virtual Assistants
I probably will bump into more creatively chosen job descriptions but it remains interesting to see that part of  traditional job titles being revamped, reinvented or those jobs are actually a result of evolution!

My parting shot today is called "HOW TO GET THE WRONG KIND OF ATTENTION ON EBAY" At first I did not notice it :)

Keep on reading me and keep on subscribing (nobody has I believe, but you can always be the first one)


2 comments:

  1. dear Paul, it's really fun to read your blog. I can tell you I never googled for any hair growing products. mine is still 100% natural :-D
    keep on blogging .... you're doing very good.
    Remmelt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remmelt, many thanks for the compliment! Thanks for reading and keep on commenting when you feel like it!

    ReplyDelete