Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Widgets

Widgets

Enthusiastic and starting

In my last post I just provided an introduction as to what drove me to the internet. Just to put things into perspective; I started using ebay.com and others on the 16th of December 2012.. so not even a month ago.

My enthusiasm is slowly becoming obsessive; after buying and receiving my Manga stuff in good order. I decided to leave positive feedback with the seller. I saw a little tab that would direct me to his online shop and decided to have a look. Maybe a good deal on paper or colored pens. Much to my surprise the seller was offering Electronics, Baby Clothes, Phones and huge volumes bulk goods. Not really the specialized Manga store I'd hope for.

The next week I spend the nights after my wife is asleep browsing sites, trying to get a grip or handle what is available out there. One hint to you: Everything is available! From Lear Jets to little plastic soldiers you can find anything...

And that is exactly the point; buying something is relatively easy if you are looking for something specific and you know what you want in term of quality and price.

I decided to sell an watch I bought 6 years ago in a shop. I went into my account clicked the Sell button, created a complete profile of the product including pictures and description.
Since it is my first offering Ebay informs about the terms ect ect. Shipping conditions are causing me a headache, but ok, selling one article cant bankrupt you but you can't ignore it either, neither it turns out can you ignore the fact that you have to activate your sales account on ebay.com....

That is where my enthusiasm turned into sheer frustration! As it turns out, if you register on ebay.com you have to provide a Proof of Identity (POI) if you are not a US Citizen or based in the US I was told. Ok no problem; the customer service was professional and swift, provided me with a... FAX number!? What the F! a Fax??? Oh most be a mistake, so I requested an email address so I could scan all over to Ebay. This is apparently not possible. So I tried Paypal, which needs to be activated as well. I will receive a code on my bankstatement within 48 hrs... nice but I am still waiting for that one.

So I am still enthusiastic but that verification process if you want to sell something is needed from a business perspective, but I can drive you up the wall. I tried online fax services like Pamfax all of those failed to deliver my faxes.
Anyways currently I am researching a bundle of options and opportunities and will update you in my next blog!

Leave some comments or tips if you read this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment